Monday 27 December 2010

dream art and artists on the web

Dream Art & Artists on the Web

Brenda FerrimaniBrenda Ferrimani is a painter of dreams. Her dream paintings have been seen on the cover of Dreamtime and Dream Network magazines, and the Rocky Mountain Dream Journal. Her work has been featured at the International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts and ASD’s Dream Oddyssey Art Exhibition in 2001.
GoldringAlyssa Goldring states that “Dreams have guided me thoughout my life and are often the source of my art work. Through art and writing I explore my inner world and bring its dream enerby and wisdom into my everyday life. I have a “mix and match” approach to media, and use acrylics in various ways, as well as transparent and opaque water color, monotype, charcoal, brush and ink and other drawing tools, fabric photograph and collage”. Her website features her images and dreams. Epic Dewfall
Epic Dewfall blends images from his dreams with his own poetry, as in this piece called “The Dreamers “. As he says: “I get ideas for my paintings from lucid dreams. About once a month when I’m dreaming, I will realize I’m dreaming, and when I do, I then walk around in the dream looking at art on the walls. I usually find many paintings on every wall. By the time one of these lucid dreams ends, I usually have one or two good paintings memorized. I always recreate them in pastel on 12 by 18 inch paper. I’ve been doing this as a hobby since 1986.”
Dream Ikons
Dream Ikons is the work of two artists, Scherer and Ouporov, who utilize the inspiration of dream images to create gilded icons. “The image of the dreamer is in the center, while the surrounding, illuminated area represents the dream itself. In the tradition of medieval manuscript illumination, the center is a fixed, rational image and the borders represent the irrational side of the imagination–in this case, the unconscious realm of our amorphous dreams, desires or nightmares. Whereas in medieval painting, the gold traditionally symbolizes the union with God, in Dream Ikons it is the unconscious state of sleep. In many cultures, dreams are believed to be a direct channel to the spirit world, therefore the gold can also represent this connection.”
Rahima WarrenRahima Warren’s website SoulPlay, is an intuitive interface to access her art based her dreams. A graduate of the transpersonal psychology program at John F. Kennedy University, and a registered marriage and family therapist, she created a deep process of inner growth called SoulPlay, and led SoulPlay workshops and women’s groups. She also led Image, Symbol and Dream trainings for psychotherapists and counselors.

No comments:

Post a Comment